HE was first famous for Towie, then wearing very tight pink PVC trousers on Strictly – now it seems Pete Wicks’ career is well and truly going to the dogs.
I can reveal the canine lover has landed himself a second series of his U&W show, For Dogs’ Sake.
The first series saw Essex-boy Pete indulge his love of four legged friends as he went behind the scenes at the Dogs Trust rehoming centre in Basildon.
Telly bosses were so pleased with the response they have commissioned another series.
A TV insider said: “The show got a great reception when it aired earlier this year, and not just because he was still basking in the afterglow of Strictly.
“Many viewers compared For Dogs’ Sake to show For The Love Of Dogs, and said he was a worthy successor to the late, great Paul O’Grady who hosted the ITV show.
They noticed how it was obvious just how much Pete adores canines through the four-part series.
“It will be interesting news for ITV, as it has just launched a second series of For The Love Of Dogs under new host Alison Hammond.”
The ITV show has long been the TV go-to for dog lovers, not least because it is filmed at London’s Battersea Dogs And Cats Home where, just this week, TV presenter Kate Piper adopted a puppy.
But Pete’s programme could soon rival it, thanks to his passion for pooches.
During his time filming For Dogs’ Sake, Pete met a pug facing troubling surgery, a litter of puppies abandoned in a cardboard box and rescued three stray dogs from Northern Ireland.
Pete has long been a campaigner for animal welfare and in 2017 even travelled to South Korea, a country where over 2.5million dogs are killed for meat, and saved around 170 dogs from certain death on a dog meat farm.
He even brought 13 home with him and received a heartfelt message of thanks from fellow dog lover Simon Cowell for his heroic efforts.
Maybe Simon could hire him as a judge for his new Britain’s Got Talent spin-off show for dog acts.
PADDY'S TEMPTED AGAIN
PADDY McGUINNESS is in line for a THIRD series of Tempting Fortune before the second has even wrapped.
Channel 4 has opened up casting for a new run of the challenge show, which has gathered real momentum.
On average one million viewers have been tuning in to the latest series – a decent figure given its schedule slot.
Yesterday C4 said: “We are currently casting for a potential new series of Tempting Fortune.
“A group of people will be able to indulge in amazing temptations and even take home a life-changing sum of money.”
This series, dubbed a cross between The Traitors and Race Across The World, airs on Sunday night and has seen 12 contestants trek across the jungles of Malaysia in the hope of winning up to £300,000.
Who knows where series three could take them?
RACE IS OFF FOR CHERRY
TV presenter Cherry Healey has been forced to pull out of the London Marathon due to a leg injury.
Cherry, who co-hosts Inside The Factory with Paddy McGuinness, was elated to bag a spot after years of trying.
Now her boyfriend Justin Mountstephens has stepped in at short notice to ensure her chosen charity Acton Homeless Concern does not miss out.
The mum-of-two said: “Last year I did a bonkers show called SAS: Who Dares Wins and it really made me want to do another challenge.
“I’ve been desperate to do the London Marathon.
“I was beyond excited – until I managed to mess up my leg.”
Justin is now prepping for the 26.2mile race on April 27.
To donate, see justgiving.com/page/justin-mountstephens-3
SUMMER DRAMA FOR DAM
DAMIEN MOLONY will lead the cast of a hot new BBC drama Two Weeks In August.
The actor, who recently played Jim Bergerac in UKTV’s re-launch of the Eighties drama, will play troubled husband Dan alongside on-screen wife Jessica Raine as Zoe.
Fleabag’s Hugh Skinner and Kaos’ Leila Farzad will join them as university friends Jacob and Nat.
The series will follow the group of old pals as they reconnect on a summer holiday.
However, they will uncover more about themselves and each other than they ever anticipated.
Set in Greece, the action sees the cast navigate an illicit kiss that turns their holiday dreams upside down.
And when they discover they are trapped on the island, they are faced with a life or death nightmare.
The series is currently filming in Malta and will air on BBC One and iPlayer.
OLD HITS ARE OVER THE HILL
THREE British comedies cancelled or removed from our TV screens over wokery rows are the focus of new Channel 5 documentaries.
Benny Hill, Kenny Everett and John Cleese’s Fawlty Towers will go under the microscope in the 90-minute specials, which look into whether the humour is still palatable to modern audiences.
Each of the programmes will include a warning about “racist and offensive material and blackface” as old scenes are shown.
The Cancellation Of Benny Hill will be the first to air on April 13, looking at how the comedy show went from having more viewers than the 1969 moon landing, to now being rarely shown.
Unlock even more award-winning articles as The Sun launches brand new membership programme - Sun Club.